Age: 48 years
Marital Status: Married
Family: Married with 4 children; two sons & two daughters.
- Professional Teacher, Head of Science & Tutor (22 years, since 1998)
- Director, DaTang Fine Arts Enterprise Pte. Ltd. ( May’13 – Dec’15)
- Director, 1 Academy (since Jan’11)
Highest Academic Qualification:
- Bachelor of Science with Diploma in Education (Physical Education) Pass (1998)
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- National Institute of Education (NTU/NIE)
Others Academic Qualification: TESOL (Jan, 2016)
Significant Contributions to Science, English & Art Education:
- Head of Science (Primary Division – International School, 2004 – 2006
- National Heritage Board, Docent Training for SAM (2007)
- Conducted Arts Appreciation Talk in Singapore American Club, Rotary Clubs, etc (2008 – )
- Helped raised a total of more than SGD$70K for Charities through art auctions (2011 – 2013)
- Published the 1st Character and Citizenship Education English Workbook (2013)
- Regular Art articles contributor to EPOCH Times (2013 – 2015)
- Curriculum Advisor to Pegasus AC (2016 – )
- SAF Good Soldier Medal. (2011)
- SPF and SCDF Commendation Letters (2012)
- NHB Letter of Appreciation for auction donation (2013)
- Publication: Character and Citizenship Education English Workbook (2013)
- PSLE Science Essentials Express Notes (2016, 2017, 2018)
Volunteer in Friends of the Museum as a Docent with the Singapore Art Museum.
Volunteered for the Asian Youth Games 2009 as a Protocol Officer Assistant.
Mobile: 65-8268 5299
Primary School : River Valley Government Chinese Primary School
Year of study: 1978 – 1984
Secondary School: Dunearn Secondary School
Year of study: 1984 – 1988
Prefect from 1984 to 1988
Junior College: Anglo-Chinese Junior College (A.C.J.C.)
Year of study: 1988 – 1990
- Nanyang Technological University
- National Institute of Education (NTU/NIE)
Year of study: 1993 – 1998
Scholarship awarded: Ministry Of Education (MOE) Teaching Award (July 1993 – May 1997)
Term of bond: Five years upon graduation.
Highest Academic Qualification: Bachelor of Science with Diploma in Education
(Physical Education) Pass. (NTU/ NIE)
Academic Subjects: Physical Education and Mathematics (Primary to Lower Secondary)
National Service in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) experience (Mar’91- Jul’95):
- Naval Supply Assistant in the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN)
- Navy Choir member (RSN) , SAF Choir member (SAF)
- Navy Guard-Of-Honour (RSN)
Enlistment: 19/03/91 , ORD: 02/07/05
- Teacher of Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary School (May 1998 – Dec 2004)
- CCA Coordinator 1999.
- Trim-And-Fit (TAF) Club Co-ordinator 1999.
- CCA Teacher-in-charge of :
• Boys’ Brigade 57th J Company (1998-1999),
• Track & Field (2000 – 2004)
- Science Enrichment Programme Co-ordinator (2000 to 2004).
- Head Of Science (Primary Division) Shanghai Singapore International School, Min Hang Campus (Dec 2004 – Dec 2006)
- Chairman for Project Fair Day.
- IPW Coordinator
- Business Development Manager – Dynasties Antique & Art Gallery (Jan – Dec’07 )
- Director, 1 Academy (Jan’08 – Mar’13). Home-based tuition centre www.1academy.asia
Special Courses Attended:
1. Outward Bound Singapore (16 Mar – 24 Mar’94).
2. Programme for National Awareness (3 Jun – 7 Jun’96).
3. Institute in Basic Life Principles (Basic Seminar)1999.
4. IBLP (Advanced Seminar) in 2000.
5. Growing Kids, God’s Way in 2001.
6. Standard First Aid Course, Red Cross (Sept. 2002)
7. Health Fitness Instructor, American College of Sports Medicine (Nov 2002)
8. TESOL (2015)
Specialized Skills & Capabilities:
- ENABLE trained (MOE)
- 60-hour Singapore-Cambridge Cert. in the Teaching of English Grammar Course (MOE)
- First-Aid trained (Red Cross / Singapore Civil Defence Force)
- Interdisciplinary Project Work (IPW) trained
- Self-Defence – TKD (Blue-belt)
- Class 3 Driving – 17 years experience, accident-free.
- Attended 24-h course in Applications in Biotechnology (NIE)
- Qualified Health & Fitness Instructor – American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Outward Bound Singapore Trained (MOE-OBS)
- Effectively bilingual in Mandarin and English; able to speak Cantonese too.
- Achieved IELTS (Academic) of 7.5 average score.
Involvement in international community development and nation building projects:
- Initiated “Project C”- an individual goodwill project in Chong Ming Dao, Shanghai, China in November 1994. My project was featured on the Television of Cooperation Singapore(TCS 5)Channel 5 (News) & in the official Singapore’s Chinese Newspaper – Lian He Zao Bao.
- Facilitated in the initiation the first NALCOM (Naval Logistics Command)
National Education Programme during my National Service in June 1995. This programme enriched more than 1000 service men and women in the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN).
- Attended as a representative for National Institute of Education (NIE) at the 1995
National Youth Seminar Workshop.
- Representative for NIE at the Singapore International Students Symposium’96.
- Camp Leader for the 7th Programme for National Awareness in June 1996.
- Submitted personal recommendations for forging a new partnership in nation building to Rear-Admiral (NS) Teo Chee Hean, Minister for Education in Jan’97. Some of these recommendations have strengthened Singapore’s national cohesion and security.
- Presented a 5-episode Fitness Programme on TCS 5 in Hearty Breakfast 1998.
- Contributed financially to support the China Conservation and Research Center for the Giant Panda (2014).
- Staged a world-class Giant Panda Art Exhibition by Huang Xiong Wen in the Art Expo Malaysia in 2014.
- Conducted several talks on Fine Arts Appreciation to Rotary Clubs in Singapore and Malaysia, as well as in Club Houses (since 2014).
- Collaborated with the Korea Embassy of Singapore to stage the 1st Solo Art Exhibition of Mr Park Chul-Hwan (a famous Korean artist) in Singapore (July 2014).
- Collaborated with Rendezvous Hotel Singapore to create an Art-Inspired Art Exhibition within the hotel (since Oct’14).
- Name: Pastor Wee Yan Tiong
Position: Senior Pastor
Organization: Shalom Baptist Church (Independent)
Organization website: http://shalom-baptist.org/
Has known me since 2012.
- Name: Mr. Preetwant Singh
Position: Director (Former SQ pilot)
Organization: Pegasus AC
Organization website: http://www.pegasus-ac.com
Address: 35 Selegie Road #10-18, Parklane Shopping Mall Singapore 188307
Email : email@example.com Mobile: +65 91051702
Has known me since 1984 (Sec.1)
Enriching Life Experiences...
My 1st Publication on Character Education through the learning of English